Met Gala 2014

I've been anticipating this years Met Gala for weeks and I wasn't disappointed. Last year I disliked so many dresses while this year I struggled to pick my favourites. So in no particular order, here are some stunning ladies who I think were among the best dressed this year.

Karolina Kurkova 


Just take a moment to take in how stunningly gorgeous this blue Marchesa gown is. It's definitely a stand-out look and Czech model, Karolina Kurkova pulled it off so well.  I love the shape of the skirt, it looks like a work of art. 

Liu Wen 


Another stunning dress, another stunning model. Liu Wen wore this fabulous Zac Posen gown in a lovely teal colour. What caught my attention most was the dramatic skirt and bold shapes and I must say Liu Wen pulls this style off well. I also loved the addition of the burgundy lip, it pairs surprisingly well with the ensemble. 

Kendall Jenner


Kendall Jenner wore this form-fitting, fish-tail dress custom made by Topshop and it's clear why she's becoming such a successful model. Her figure is fantastic and this dress looks like a second skin on her. Her hair had the potential to look a bit dated but I think it suits this look as the added volume on her head balances the dramatic flare in the bottom. 


All in all, I loved the fashion at the 2014 Met Ball and I can't wait to see how next years event will stack up. If you want to see more of these gorgeous people at the Met Ball, have a look at Vogue's red carpet gallery.


0 comments:

Post a Comment